That’s right Crave fans, the December Seller’s Contest is here! The competition begins today, December 22nd, and continues right up until that ball drops on midnight December 31st! Top prize in each marketplace this month is $50. Read on for rules and details, then get out there and post those listings!
- The contest will run from December 22nd through December 30th.
- Each marketplace will have it’s own contest with 3 winners in each. 1st place wins $50, 2nd wins $30, and 3rd wins $20.
- Winners will be chosen by the number of listings they have sold in each marketplace
- Winning a prize in one marketplace will not preclude you from winning in others.
- Only legitimate transactions will count.
- Have fun!
1) More Listings = More Sales!
The more you list, the more chances you have to make a sale on Crave. Our sales numbers always spike whenever a large cluster of new listings go up on the site. Our fans check the site daily to see what’s new. In addition, we send email alerts to everyone who has your listing on their want list.
– To read about how selling works on Crave, click here
That’s right, we are not above shameless self-promotion on Crave. Whether we are promoting ourselves or you’re promoting your own listings, we encourage it! There are multiple ways for you to let potential buyers know about your great listings.
Facebook Share: On all listing pages there is a “Share on Facebook” button at the top of the page. Click this to show your Facebook friends what you have for sale. You can also share your seller storefront by clicking the “Share” button on your Crave profile page!
Forums: If you are active on a forum that is another great way to get the word out to the fandom about the figures you have for sale on Crave. We provide you with a forum post URL in the “Your Item Info” window. Use it!
4. Blogs: If you have a blog or know someone who has a blog, get the word out on your listings for sale that way!
5. Commenting: Sharing additional background on your listings or answering fan questions in the comments section of your listing helps fans make a purchase decision. It also gives visibility to your listing on the home page. This will put more eyes on your listings, and help keep your item fresh.
6. Word of Mouth: Tell your friends, family, co-workers, team mates, expatriates, those Facebook acquaintances that freak you out a little bit, and the homeless guy that lives behind your apartment building about Crave! Spread the word and tell people what you have for sale. Tell your friends who are collectors to like and share your listings on their own FB pages! Every bit helps!
7. Relisting: If you have had an item on sale for a while with no bites, cancel it and relist. Consider adding better photos or asking Crave community members for feedback. Relisting with the best presentation possible will put it to the top of the homepage and refresh it in buyers’ minds. I know for a fact that there are some awesome figures tucked in the back of our listings just waiting for a buyer to stumble upon them.
3) Competitive Pricing!
Competitively priced items sell quickly. If you have a hot item with a fair price tag one of our bargain hunters will make the purchase. I am not saying you need to undervalue your listings at cheap prices (though you can if you want!), but do a little research. See what other sellers are listing the same item for on Crave and other online marketplaces and base you’re pricing on that.
Just like you and me, most collectors are looking for the best overall deal, taking into consideration rarity/availability, condition, completeness and price. Most fans check out multiple listings on different sites before making a purchase. When our community sees a good find, they will help promote these listings by voting “Good Price.”
The 3 sellers in each marketplace who sell the most listings between December 22nd and December 31st will win:
1st place – $50 gift card to Amazon
2nd place – $30 gift card to Amazon
3rd place – $20 gift card to Amazon
Get to selling folks!
As always, feel free to send us any questions or feedback you may have, and thanks for being a part of the Crave Community!